Monday, November 19, 2007

very simple salad


+

I love this very simple cucumber salad. Just wash a cucumber and cut off parallel strips of peel (lengthwise) to make a pretty pattern around the edge, then slice into thin circles and add a generous amount of your favorite Italian or oil-and-vinegar dressing. Mix it a bit and let it sit for several minutes so the flavors can blend, and then enjoy! This is an especially great accompaniment to a delicious veggie pizza.

God bless,
Mrs. Bear

2 comments:

Flannery said...

I love this kind of salad. :)

Do you have a good recipe for spicy hummus, falafel, and whole wheat pitas?

Ladybird said...

You might enjoy adding Dill weed too. My mom always used fresh dill from her garden(its easy to grow) but the dry stuff works too.

Somehow I always forget about the wonderful cucumber. It is nice to be reminded.